Services provided to users

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is entitled to enter into a water supply contract?

The following persons are entitled to enter into water supply contracts:

  • Building owners or their representatives: in this case, the authorisation must be in writing and must contain the identifying elements of the parties (authorising party and appointed representative) and the subject of the authorisation.
  • Beneficial owners of the property.
  • Tenants.
  • Joint heirs or joint owners of the building.
  • The Administrator or their representatives (for Companies).
  • The pro tempore Administrators (for Apartment blocks).

How much does it cost to enter into a new water supply contract?

The costs are indicated in the current Water Distribution Regulations, published on the website.

Is it possible to stipulate contracts with tenants?

Yes, but to do so it is necessary for the tenant to produce the appropriate clearance (Form a.v.- Owners authorisation) as well as a copy of the duly registered rental contract (or equivalent document).

Is it possible to transfer a water supply contract to the tenant?

Yes, but to do so it is necessary for the tenant to produce the appropriate clearance (Form a.v.- Owners authorisation) as well as a copy of the duly registered rental contract (or equivalent document).

How and where to present requests for stipulating a new water supply contract or a new water contract?

Requests can be submitted at the Offices in via Volturno 2 every day from Monday to Friday, from 8.30 to 13.30, and on Thursday from 15.15 to 17.30, or via email to, via FAX to +39 091 279303 or 091 279210, or by post to the “Amap SPA” Contracts Office- Via Volturno, 2 – Palermo 90138

Who can withdraw from a water supply contract?

It is necessary for the customer to produce evidence of being the holder of the contract to be entitled to make a withdrawal application.

Is it possible to use the ISEE – “Indicatore della situazione economica equivalente” tax relief (Equivalent financial situation index) if you are a user living in an apartment block that has a regular water supply contract with AMAP SPA?

It is possible to take advantage of the ISEE tax relief only when you stipulate a special new contract for single users, producing the proper authorisation issued by the Administrator allowing the separation from the apartment block water system when making the request.

When is it necessary to produce the residence certification of the contract holder?

The certification must be submitted by the contract holder upon receipt of the invoice in which it is requested. In the event that it is submitted after the issuance of the invoice subsequent to the one where the certificate had been requested, the “Resident” status will produce its effects (application of the Resident tariff) only with the subsequent invoices.

How is the “Resident” status assigned In the case of a water supply contract for several real estate units?

In these cases, if the contract holder is an Apartment block, the status of “Resident” is assigned to the whole block; in cases where the holders are one (or more) natural persons, the “Resident” status is attributed on the basis of the residence certificate produced by the separate contract holders.

What criteria are applied for invoicing tariffs referring to the “other uses” category?

Concerning water supplies for “Other Uses” (formerly non-domestic use) Users have the possibility to choose between billing by consumption or by modules.

In particular, consumption billing implies the determination of the amounts on the basis of the volume of water actually consumed and the relative tariffs differentiated by band according to the table below.


From m³ To m³ € / m³
Basic Price 0 88 0,885806
88 140 0,885806
140 200 0,885806
Tariff for 2nd excess 200 260 1,550161
Tariff for 3rd excess 260 Oltre 2,214515
Sewage tariff 0,251040
Purification tariff 0,669440
Fixed amount 40,00

With invoicing by modules the User must choose and purchase a number of modules calculated in relation to the estimated annual consumption (each module consists of 140 m³).

How are tariffs applied with module billing in the case of higher consumption than what expected at the time the contract was signed?

In the final balance, in the case of a higher consumption than what previously agreed at the time of signing the contract, the amount consumed in excess will be charged on the basis of the current tariff structure.

How are tariffs applied in the case of module billing when the consumption is lower than what expected at the time the contract was signed?

In this case, the User is required to pay all the modules agreed upon in the contract.

In summary, if the User chooses to purchase 10 modules and consumes 2,800 m³ in the year (instead of the estimated 1,400 m³ at the time of signing the contract), the volume exceeding 1,400 m³ (and up to 2,000 m³) is invoiced at basic rates, the volume exceeding 2,000 m³ and up to 2,600 m³ at 2nd excess tariff and the volume exceeding 2,600 m³, at the 3rd excess tariff.

Instead, if the User consumes less m³ in the reference year (e.g. 1,000 m³) than those for which he/she signed the contract for supply by modules, he/she is however required to pay for all the modules agreed in the contract.

The following is an example:

From m³ To m³
0 266 by consumption
267 460 2 modules
461 660 3 modules
661 860 4 modules
861 1060 5 modules
1061 1260 6 modules
1261 1460 7 modules
1461 1660 8 modules
1661 1860 9 modules
1861 2060 10 modules
Fixed amount For each module € 40,00

From what explained above, we can deduce, in principle, that for Users with tariffs for “OTHER USES” who estimate an annual consumption of less than 266 m³, it is more convenient to stipulate a consumption contract (the same as the current one), while if a higher consumption is expected, a contract for supply by modules could be more convenient.

How is the fixed amount determined?

For household uses it is equal to 28.00 euros per year per each real estate unit.

For other uses it is equal to the number of modules times 40.00 euros. In both cases the amount of the fixed fee charged on the invoice is equal to the annual amount compared to the number of days to which the invoice refers.

When is the water supply suspended for being in arrears?

Suspension of the water supply is ordered owing to non-payment of the invoice/s, within the time indicated on the formal default notice sent by AMAP SPA. Following a written notification of debt towards the Company, Customers will be able to promptly settle the outstanding amounts, notifying the Credit Recovery Office of Via Volturno 2, thus avoiding the suspension of the supply.

When is the supply reactivated after suspension for being in arrears

The reactivation of the supply takes place within 2 working days after proof of payment of the amount due is provided to the Credit Recovery Offices of AMAP SPA. For the reactivation of the supply, Customers are obliged to pay a fixed fee of € 50.00 which will be charged with the first invoice.

What is a private sewage branch?

It is the section of sewerage that branches off from the city sewage system to private property.

What does rationalisation of the sewage line mean?

By rationalisation we mean the intervention aimed at repairing the private part of the sewerage.

Why can’t I give the meter reading using the toll-free number 800 914 348?

These are the possible causes:

  • The day in which the reading is given is not included among those indicated in the bill for this purpose;
  • The telephone is not set to dual-tone multi-frequency.

Will default interest be applied for the payment of adjustment invoices within 60 days?

For payments of adjustment invoices within 60 days of their expiration, legal interest and no arrears will be applied.

Made with heart by DRTADV